Best Haircut in Detroit
While it may come as news to some, specific hairstyles will suit certain face shapes for men better than others. If you want to find your best-suited do’, then you’ll need to figure out what your head shape before making the leap to a new style. How to determine your head shape, I hear you ask? Follow these four simple steps:
- You’ll need a mirror, a comb and a bar of soap.
- Pull your hair back with a comb and hold it in place.
- Using the bar of soap, trace the outline of your head onto the mirror.
- The resulting drawing in front of you will reflect either a square, triangle, round, oval or long shape.
Men’s Face Shapes
So now that you’ve got your face shape down, it’s time to take a look at some of your best-suited cuts. Check out our list of the most popular shapes and each one’s best-suited styles below.
Wide jaw and high cheekbones are the key features of men’s square faces. Here’s how you take advantage of these symmetric qualities:
- Keep your sideburns short and hair above the ears.
- Try having your hair relatively short but styled upward to elongate the face.
- If you are keen on facial hair, opt for a longer beard which will lengthen a square jaw.
Hairstyles for Square Faces - Haircut Detroit
Square faces with strong jawlines suit clean haircuts such as the classic side parting or a modern messy pompadour. So if you’re wondering “what haircut should I get?”, check out the gallery below for some ideas.
Triangle Face Shape
A triangle head shape is defined by a thinner cheekbone/temple area that extends to a wider jawline. Here are some ways to make the most of it:
- You may want to add width and volume to the top of your head by going for longer hair to balance out your jaw.
- A thick well-groomed beard is useful in disguising the drastic angles of your jawline.
- A fringe can create the illusion of a thicker forehead which reduces the impact of a strong chin.
Hairstyles for Triangular Faces - Haircut Detroit
In this case, you’ll want to keep your hair longer at the sides and focus on creating volume at the top. Textured pompadour, curly tops and quiffs are all great options that will suit a triangular face.
Round Face Shape
If the results show you have a circular face then here are three tips to bringing out the best in you:
- A short back and sides will make your head appear longer and render you with a more chiselled look.
- A side-swept fringe can provide contrast to your wide cheek bones. Combine this with a well-trimmed side and you have got yourself a sharper, more masculine look.
- Draw attention to the top of your head by styling and spiking your hair upwards as this will elongate a rounder face.
Hairstyles for Round Faces - Haircut Detroit
The aim here is to give you a more defined, longer jawline by creating height at the top. For that reason, your go-to haircuts will be side partings with short sides and back, French crops with messy fringes and, you guessed it, pompadours.
Oblong Face Shape
This is one of the most proportioned face shapes out there as cheekbones, jawline and chin are well-balanced. Here’s how you can enhance your face structure:
- Make sure that you don’t choose a hairstyle that makes your face look longer than it actually is.
- Avoid long beards as they’ll create exactly that unwanted, overly-elongated effect.
- Otherwise, you’re in the lucky group that can pull off pretty much any style.
Hairstyles for Oblong Faces - Haircut Detroit
Once again a side parting accompanied by a stubble will do just the trick. Here are our favourite haircuts for the oblong face shaped man.
Oval Face Shape
In this case, your face is longer than the width of your cheekbones and your forehead is wider than your jawline. Here are some tips for this face shape:
- Steer away from fringes as they’ll make your face look rounder.
- Create some volume at the top as it will help elongating your features.
Haircuts for Oval Faces - Haircut Detroit
Shorter haircuts are best suited to an oval or egg shaped head as you’ll be able to compensate for your rounder features with a well-angled side parting. We’ve picked out some examples of oval face haircuts on males.
Best Haircuts for your Face Shape
- Square: side parting and messy pompadour.
- Triangle: textured pompadour, curly top and quiffs.
- Round: side parting, French crop, pompadour.
- Oblong: side parting with stubble.
- Oval: angled side parting.
- Diamond: messy fringe and wavy side parting.